• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows 7 Upgrade Program

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 7 Upgrade Program

Bought a new Samsung laptop today which has Vista installed on it.

I know I'm entitled to a 'free' upgrade to Vista, but Samsung's redemption period for this doesn't start until 1 December 2009.

Therefore, am thinking of buying Windows 7 now with a view to selling the copy I receive from Samsung when I do submit my claim.

Just wanted to confirm from anyone who may have received an upgrade under this program from a different manufacturer if the Windows 7 received is a retail version or just a disc without packaging.

I'm presuming the latter.

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Bought a new Samsung laptop today which has Vista installed on it.

I know I'm entitled to a 'free' upgrade to Vista, but Samsung's redemption period for this doesn't start until 1 December 2009.

Therefore, am thinking of buying Windows 7 now with a view to selling the copy I receive from Samsung when I do submit my claim.

Just wanted to confirm from anyone who may have received an upgrade under this program from a different manufacturer if the Windows 7 received is a retail version or just a disc without packaging.

I'm presuming the latter.
    Just sent off for one from Acer for a laptop I bought for someone, I'm expecting an OEM version not a retail box.

Got to pay £12.80 "postal charge" which takes the pee somewhat, I believe many other manufacturers are charging over £25 for this so called free upgrade.

Comment

Working...
    X