• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

VAT Query- Interesting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VAT Query- Interesting

Claiming expenses directly from Client(the actual). Lets say went for Customer site visit and incurred £150 expense, I normally fill an internal customer expense claim form and they will give me a personal cheque to my personal bank account. Never used my agency to claim the same.

But one of my contractor mate now says I should claim via agency and also add VAT for all the expenses (except for cold food). Is that correct, thinking that the VAT would already have been paid to those expenses . He thinks even if going via agency to claim expenses and the customer pays the expenses if they just pay expense without VAT, it means they count my expense as individuals expense rather than company expenses. Is that correct ?

Search for "disbursement" on HMRC.gov.uk
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Also a very bad idea to take personal income from a client (unless, of course, you are absolutely determined to put yourself inside IR35...). The contract is between client and your company, don't ever mix up You and YourCo
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
      X