PDA

View Full Version : At least you can trust the Tories.

DimPrawn
3rd November 2009, 09:24
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/6488240/David-Cameron-to-tell-voters-no-vote-on-Lisbon-Treaty.html

David Cameron is to tell the British people that a Conservative government will not give them a referendum on the European Union’s Lisbon Treaty.

The Tory party leader’s admission, which could come as early as Tuesday, will bring accusations that he has broken clear promises to grant a popular vote on the treaty.

Mr Cameron gave voters an “iron-clad” promise in 2007 that a Conservative government would hold a popular vote on Lisbon.

Any point in voting?

TimberWolf
3rd November 2009, 09:27
Any point in voting?

For the Tories, or for a treaty that will already have been ratified and therefore where only yes results would be counted?

AtW
3rd November 2009, 10:05
It is very difficult to pull out from ratified treaty unless you are a 3rd world country that.

Pondlife
3rd November 2009, 10:09
It was a stupid idea anyway IMHO.

It would have to be X-Factor style with Cheryl rallying the Yes' and some other vacuuous cretin doing the Nos.

Of course, someone would have to explain it all in 3 mins or less as no one has actually read it

My €0.02

ctdctd
3rd November 2009, 10:09
It is very difficult to pull out from ratified treaty unless you are a 3rd world country that.

that what?

AtW
3rd November 2009, 10:11
that what?

that can't be trusted: if you repeal ratified treaty without other sides agreement then why trust future ratifications?

EternalOptimist
3rd November 2009, 10:30
that can't be trusted: if you repeal ratified treaty without other sides agreement then why trust future ratifications?

Reminds me of a story about the Germans foreign minister in WWII.
It was Adolfs birthday and the General staff clubbed together to buy him a silver jewel-encrusted box to keep all the treaties in that Ribbentrop had signed.
They couldn't find a single one that Adolph had not broken or renaged on. Apparently when he saw Ribbentrops forlorn expression he laughed till the tears ran.

:rolleyes:

BrilloPad
3rd November 2009, 11:34
Any point in voting?

Yes. Vote BNP. It will annoy alot of people.....

Though I am probable going to waste my vote by voting for the liberals......

DimPrawn
3rd November 2009, 11:40
Me voting BNP would be a bit like a turkey voting for xmas.

AtW
31st March 2017, 13:06

WHS

:eyes

jamesbrown
31st March 2017, 13:08
that what?

WHS.