• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Corp. Tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC Corp. Tax

I had to open a UK company for one of my roles. How do you pay your Corp. Tax?
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

within 9 months of your company's financial year ending
    pay by cheque or online through your bank
    They will send a letter to remind you as well

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
      within 9 months of your company's financial year ending
      pay by cheque or online through your bank
      They will send a letter to remind you as well
      I was looking at on-payment they want 1.25%. Out of the country at the moment I don't have company cheque book with me. Going to try online through my bank but they show two different bank accounts, does it matter which one I pay into?
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
        I was looking at on-payment they want 1.25%. Out of the country at the moment I don't have company cheque book with me. Going to try online through my bank but they show two different bank accounts, does it matter which one I pay into?
        It matters if they don't credit it to the correct account, as you'll go into arrears and need to sort it all out - which is a faff.

Can it not wait until you are back in possession of your cheque book?
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

This is comedy question yes???
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Get an accountant!

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              It matters if they don't credit it to the correct account, as you'll go into arrears and need to sort it all out - which is a faff.

Can it not wait until you are back in possession of your cheque book?
              EVERY year, without fail, I forget to update the online payment reference and end up paying it against 2005-06 (first time I paid it online). They then write to tell me that that year is now in credit, and that they will offset that credit against the current year.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Reluctantly...
                B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  This is comedy question yes???
                  Given some of your previous comedy answers about IR35 I wouldn't have thought you were in any position to judge
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                    Given some of your previous comedy answers about IR35 I wouldn't have thought you were in any position to judge
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                    X