• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What do you pay for a local accountant?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you pay for a local accountant?

Hi All,

I have decided to go down the local accountant route so I can build a face to face relationship with them. What do you guys pay for your monthly and end of year fees?

I am getting quotes from anywhere between 35-75 for monthly stuff and 450-700 for end of year returns.

Monthly fees include:
    • Corporate tax liability advice
    • Dividend advice
    • Payroll (NI & PAYE) on a personal £6200/annum salary
    • Expenses handling

Quarterly VAT returns

Annual Return (at extra cost)
    • Tax returns
    • Payroll (NI & PAYE)
    • Personal tax
    • P35 etc.

Kind Regards,

Gavin

Some people's "local" accountants deal with lots of small limited companies like most contractors, and these "local" accountants include some of the names branded around on these forums, so your question is actually badly phrased.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by GavinR View Post
      Hi All,

I have decided to go down the local accountant route so I can build a face to face relationship with them. What do you guys pay for your monthly and end of year fees?

I am getting quotes from anywhere between 35-75 for monthly stuff and 450-700 for end of year returns.

Monthly fees include:
      • Corporate tax liability advice
      • Dividend advice
      • Payroll (NI & PAYE) on a personal £6200/annum salary
      • Expenses handling

Quarterly VAT returns

Annual Return (at extra cost)
      • Tax returns
      • Payroll (NI & PAYE)
      • Personal tax
      • P35 etc.

Kind Regards,

Gavin

£80 a month plus VAT.

Comment

If you appoint a 'local' or 'high street' accountant; it's worth your time ensuring they have the necessary knowledge surrounding the legislation in the Contracting Industry, and not that they are just good with dealing with small businesses.

Comment

Working...
        X