• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas shopping

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas shopping

...starts next week. I always try to finish it before the start of December, because then the shops get busy and it makes me want to start biting people .

Present ideas welcome.

Last year I got it all done in one lunch time, including gift wrapping.

Gotta love the interweb!
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Was going to post a Christmas Stopping thread about parking, but I didn't want to end the day standing outside the admin's office ready the take a thrashing.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
        ...starts next week. I always try to finish it before the start of December, because then the shops get busy and it makes me want to start biting people .

Present ideas welcome.
        Who are you buying for?

Comment

Missus has done three quarters plus of it having bought most of the kids, teenager type stuff - so the easier ones as they either don't know what they want yet or want most things.

This now leaves the harder ones such as parents etc for me to do - great. Socks and other such rubbish all the way me thinks. Any idea for parents?

Comment

Various. Parents, grandparents, siblings, tiny cousins. I like to buy things that people would never buy themselves in a million years, but turn out to actually like.

Comment

Chirstmas is a load of rubbish, why do people still celebrate it!

Comment

With regard to the smaller ones. We choose to buuy wooden toys for the smaller ones - I just prefer it to plastic for small peoples toys. When the missus came back she said that some of the stuff she wanted for the littler ones was the last one or not available. She questioned this with the sales assistant who said it seems like people have gone mad for wooden toys this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Diestl View Post
                  Chirstmas is a load of rubbish, why do people still celebrate it!
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

We bought a load of smallish whicker hampers from a wholesaler on the web and will be filling them with bits and pieces according to who they are for. Grandad gets a bottle of rum, a posh fruit cake and a cricket trivia book, Mum gets gardening stuff, gloves, a trowel, gardening book etc. Finished off with chocolates or other christmas edibles. One for each adult or adult couple.

Assorted sprogs get cuddly toys ( Under 5 ), chocolates ( 5-10 ) or cash ( Teenagers ) unless a specific request has been made.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X