PDA

View Full Version : Un-perma-boom-renewal

basshead
13th November 2009, 22:39
Since jacking in my 3 month return to permie-land I've been on a month long gig to sort out a failed development project which was outsourced to an Indian outfit. Its seen me rewriting 18 months worth of junior programmer code in a month, and on the back of that land a 4 month renewal at a very pleasant rate, closest gig to home possible.. boomed! :D

I'm pleased to have demonstrated to the budget holders at this FTSE100 that there are skilled people locally who can deliver high quality software ahead of time and within budget.

Flying the flag :cool:

d000hg
13th November 2009, 22:42
18X the productivity at only 10X the cost! That would make a great tagline for your CV...

oracleslave
13th November 2009, 22:43
S

I'm pleased to have demonstrated to the budget holders at this FTSE100 that there are skilled people locally who can deliver high quality software ahead of time and within budget.

Big deal. As a budget holder all I care is if I can cut cost sufficiently and still deliver a crap service so that I can hit my targets and pocket my bonus. Quality never really enters the equation.

Zippy
13th November 2009, 23:27
18X the productivity at only 10X the cost! That would make a great tagline for your CV...

The outsourcing cos charge about £150 per day per develper so unless basshead is getting £1500 per day he is good value.

d000hg
13th November 2009, 23:36
Oh I missed that and just saw "junior programmer code". You can get a junior programmer for £15k in the UK.

Zippy
13th November 2009, 23:40
Oh I missed that and just saw "junior programmer code". You can get a junior programmer for £15k in the UK.

Yes, you pay peanuts etc etc. Actually, sometimes you pay a lot and still get a monkey :)
Anyway, it's good that basshead is doing well. Maybe that is one company which will think twice before outsourcing again?

MPwannadecentincome
14th November 2009, 00:01
Since jacking in my 3 month return to permie-land I've been on a month long gig to sort out a failed development project which was outsourced to an Indian outfit. Its seen me rewriting 18 months worth of junior programmer code in a month, and on the back of that land a 4 month renewal at a very pleasant rate, closest gig to home possible.. boomed! :D

well done good on yer

HairyArsedBloke
14th November 2009, 00:10

:yay: :music: :banana:

Make sure you tell 'em at every opportunity.

Rub their fraking snouts in it.

d000hg
14th November 2009, 01:33
Yes, you pay peanuts etc etc. Actually, sometimes you pay a lot and still get a monkey :)
Anyway, it's good that basshead is doing well. Maybe that is one company which will think twice before outsourcing again?Always good to see quality win out. In my line of work I keep having to prove I'm worth 5X more than the RentaCoder masses, and it's not that easy.

Fred Bloggs
14th November 2009, 12:48
Result! Well done!

:banana:

minestrone
14th November 2009, 12:54

Excellent work.

As they say 'dear costs once'.