• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

accountancy fees for company closure

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

accountancy fees for company closure

hiya,

what the panel think would be reasoanble fees for running through the closure of a ltd company via capital distribution method.

i've been quoted £400 by quay which seems quite excesive to me...

cheers

pete

Seems fair enough. If you don't to pay for expertise do it yourself and hope you get it right.

Comment

I think that seems a fair price. We charge according to how many months the company has traded when they opt to close, The least months, the cheaper it is.

Comment

One of the often quoted usual suspects on here charged me £150 last time I did it, but it's a few years back now.

Comment

Oddly enough I was just writing an article about this. Straight closedown is fairly straightforward but not particularly tax efficient becuase of the way dividends would be treated. If you go for a capital distribution through ESC C16, it's a bit more tricky. All the reading I did said you really should get professional help if you take that route so as to prevent expensive mistakes. You will almost certainly save the fees in the taxation gains; another case of accountants not actually costing you money!
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

hmmm, just been thinking about this.

If the £400 is the fee purely for the closure (not the last account filing) then I think you can probably find cheaper.

Different accountants charge either for the full preparation and filing of account together with the de-reg of PAYE, VAT and filing of striking off order and ESC C16 application OR the preparation of accounts separately.

Or just a closure fees which should include advice and acting on ESC C16 and the de-reg's and striking off order.

Ensure you know what is included in the fee before you agree, otherwise you may find yourself with additional fees.

And, remember, empty your bank account BEFORE the striking off.

Comment

If you had been a client of ours, we charge a standard £120+VAT for a closure of a company.

This would also cover you for future queries that may arise from HMRC etc.

We do sometimes sort out a closure for non-clients but the cost is higher as we sometimes need to sort out the accounts etc.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Nixon Williams View Post
                If you had been a client of ours, we charge a standard £120+VAT for a closure of a company.

This would also cover you for future queries that may arise from HMRC etc.

We do sometimes sort out a closure for non-clients but the cost is higher as we sometimes need to sort out the accounts etc.

Alan
                hi alan,

sounds interesting, i don't seem to be able to contact you via PM here.

how should i contact you?

cheers

pete

<mod note>Pete - have requested your account be upgraded. Try PM again in 15 mins<.mod note>

Comment

Quay charged me £275inc IIRC, that was for closure, ESC C16 and final accounts. Their prices have gone up!

Comment

Originally posted by Crossroads View Post
                    Quay charged me £275inc IIRC, that was for closure, ESC C16 and final accounts. Their prices have gone up!
                    yeah thats what i thought :-(

Comment

Working...
                    X