• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Process Engineering v Sales

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business Process Engineering v Sales

I have a subscription to Computer Business Review. I emailed their customer services this morning.

To: Customer Services
    Subject: Change of address

I wish to change the delivery address details my Computer Business Review subscription.

My address WAS:
    Blah

It is NOW:
    Different blah
    So I get this response:

Unfortunately as this is a registration due to auditing restrictions we are unable to change or amend any details of a registration so we have therefore had to cancel this registration.

We would like to ask that you can re register on line your new details.
    I never have registered online with them so I have to create an account, get it authorised, give them loads of contact details and... I've lost interest.

WTF is the point of creating a process that cancels customer subscriptions when they contact you? Are these people mad?

So I click on the web site for their parent company http://www.progressivemediagroup.com/ to see who they are and:

Directory Listing Denied
    This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.
    Their sales force must absolutely despair of their technology & business process people.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

progressive
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

How dimwitted. I'd be very interested in your response.

How about writing an article for them about their crap customer service system, without identifying who it belonged to, and see if they printed it?

Comment

PS and say threaded laughed at this system, that will lend it weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          How dimwitted. I'd be very interested in your response.

How about writing an article for them about their crap customer service system, without identifying who it belonged to, and see if they printed it?
          Or send them a Powerpoint on how you could fix it for them
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
          X