• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

An excellent rant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An excellent rant

Old Holborn: A return to sanity

Warning: Contains 'colourful' language and nuts.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

I liked this comment:

Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs, 12 December 2009 11:27

I talked in front of my niece about the burqua and she immediately turned around and said "that's racist". When I gently asked her why, she didn't really know. It's the little messages everywhere, like advertising, that are changing the way people think and they are sleepwalking into slavedom.

I drive a British sportscar that I've had for 10 years. When I first got it, generally people used to take photos standing next to it and give it the thumbs up.

Nowadays, because of the indoctrination of this eco-green nazism, I get people looking at it and me with contempt on their faces.

How things have changed in so few years.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Interesting... not the only place recently where there's been talk of a bloody revolution. Is there another way out? Perhaps not any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        Interesting... not the only place recently where there's been talk of a bloody revolution. Is there another way out? Perhaps not any more.
        No.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
          Old Holborn: A return to sanity

Warning: Contains 'colourful' language and nuts.
          I've only read a few of his blogs, but that one was wholly uninteresting. Lacks focus. And the swearing is like a teenager who just does it to look cool... proper swearing adds something but his could be removed without changing anything other than deliberate offensiveness.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            It'll be an Islamic one though. hth.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

When the Tories get in they will fix things and everything will be better.

Stop worrying. Honestly, some of you need to get out more!
              Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Dog's Heinous
                2) When will the masses wake up to the scale of the damage that's been done to the economy and the length of time/amount of pain that will need to be suffered in order to repair it?
                Why does it have to be painful? Paying back debts is not always difficult... if the economy doesn't collapse (not suggesting Labour have saved us) then wouldn't this potentially mean we (the UK) could enter a period of strong growth - even a boom - while still being heavily in debt? Like a contractor getting a big mortgage but having a £500/day contract

On a more serious note, I've not seen anywhere a good discussion what the debt per-family actually means. Is it simply higher taxes? Or will the 'hurt' come from the economy being damaged by this debt?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Why does it have to be painful? Paying back debts is not always difficult... if the economy doesn't collapse (not suggesting Labour have saved us) then wouldn't this potentially mean we (the UK) could enter a period of strong growth - even a boom - while still being heavily in debt? Like a contractor getting a big mortgage but having a £500/day contract

On a more serious note, I've not seen anywhere a good discussion what the debt per-family actually means. Is it simply higher taxes? Or will the 'hurt' come from the economy being damaged by this debt?
                  As I've often said, this huge and ever-growing debt is a blessing in disguise as it means the Government (whoever it is) must ditch all their stupid Big Brother projects and nanny state spending. After all, they can only raise taxes so far before that becomes counterproductive and unsustainable.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I haven't read such a load of worthless drivel in years, and I'm the one who's created an archive of TPD

Originally posted by Dog's Heinous
                    Interesting stuff.
                    Given your previous assertions on here, your recommendation is more of a discommendation.

Comment

Working...
                    X