• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boiling

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boiling

Literally.

It's hot, and it's raining here.

Did I mention we landed last night finally in our new home.

I'll post my musings as they come along. Though first up I've got a bit of a dilemma on the job front, seems like I might be returning to contracting after all (Got another offer, to be confirmed tomorrow), good rate etc.

Also I reckon this place could be dangerous for married fellas with wandering eyes. The not so married ones would love it. I've just gone through about 100 Filipnio maid CV's and had to make a conscious effort to avoid shortlisting any single, childless, under 30 hotties (The bios all come with pictures, and some of them are well fit).
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

What's the network latency from there to UK snaw?

Comment

Glad you arrived safely!

(One less sweaty on British Soil...)

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
        Literally.

It's hot, and it's raining here.

Did I mention we landed last night finally in our new home.

I'll post my musings as they come along. Though first up I've got a bit of a dilemma on the job front, seems like I might be returning to contracting after all (Got another offer, to be confirmed tomorrow), good rate etc.

Also I reckon this place could be dangerous for married fellas with wandering eyes. The not so married ones would love it. I've just gone through about 100 Filipnio maid CV's and had to make a conscious effort to avoid shortlisting any single, childless, under 30 hotties (The bios all come with pictures, and some of them are well fit).
        You wanna see one of the classes at the language school. Filopino mail order brides, to Scandi no less. So you can imagine with the average on the street hotness, the extreme hotness, when they're paying to bring one in.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Depends on where you're pinging a real address that responds, or just making up numbers to yahoo.com ... ;-)
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
            Depends on where you're pinging a real address that responds, or just making up numbers to yahoo.com ... ;-)
            What's the network latency of a ping to an address that does not respond snaw? 5 seconds to answer...

Comment

love the AtW priorities: Snaw describes in depth the benefits of the far East, and he's more concerned with ping times.

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post
                love the AtW priorities: Snaw describes in depth the benefits of the far East, and he's more concerned with ping times.
                I think HAB has got him batting for the other side. Or maybe he was always that way inclined.

Anyway exciting days, Snaw, keep us posted - its an option I am increasingly considering myself - i.e. moving to somewhere like Singapore
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post
                  Which one of us you reckon is an IT Professional? You think like a permie.

Comment

Which one of us you reckon is a virginal nerdy geek? You think like a permie.
                    FTFY
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X