• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doomed

Apparently today's meant to be the busiest shopping day of the year. I've been in town most of the afternoon and it's really quiet.

I can only therefore conclude, that when Gordon saved the world he missed the UK
    ǝןqqıʍ

It was busy in Borders today - with a huge queue - but then they did have lots of stuff with 80% off as they're closing on Tuesday... Perhaps everyone was in there rather than in the rest of the shops?
    Loopy Loo

Comment

A buyer friend that works for one of the largest UK outlet chains in the UK told me that download vouchers for iTunes is the biggest seller this year,

I guess that you can buy these online.

I have also bought 100% of all my Christmas gifts online for the first time this year. Last year was about 50%.

PZZ

Comment

Milton Keynes was heaving. I was at the footy there and the traffic afterwards was far worse than normal.

Comment

I've managed to avoid the usual jostling in shops by getting almost everything online. Even the last minute stuff has been delivered already.

Maybe many more people are doing their Christmas shopping this way and avoiding shops? Not to mention it's usually cheaper anyway even factoring in postage / courier.

Example: buying a guitar for my neice who's just learning, cheapest price in any music shop I could travel to £150. Online price delivered by courier £75 and that from Germany.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
            Apparently today's meant to be the busiest shopping day of the year. I've been in town most of the afternoon and it's really quiet.

I can only therefore conclude, that when Gordon saved the world he missed the UK
            By "town", you don't mean Swindon by any chance do you?
            That would explain it being quiet
            'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
            Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
              I think The Millionaire DimPrawn ™ accounts for about three quarters of Swindon's economy. If he wasn't out shopping that day it would be quiet

(I'm fortunate that I live a long way from Swindon!)
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                Are there any shops left in Swindon, Not boarded up?
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                  Are there any shops left in Swindon, Not boarded up?
                  Just one - Harr0ds. DimPrawn shops in it occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Just one - Poundland. DimPrawn shops in it occasionally.
                    FTFY
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                    X