• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good Christmas?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Christmas?

So, did everyone have a good Christmas?

I did

Christmas day with gf Platypus
    Then Boxing Day and yesterday with teenaged Platypusus

Went to cinema to see Sherlock Holmes yesterday, it was pretty good !

All in all, a very pleasant few days

Kids back with their mum now... cave time today !
    On balance, yes
    73.91%
    On balance, no
    17.39%
    I spent Christmas trying to get in Andyw's mum's knickers. Unsuccessfully.
    8.70%

The poll is expired.

Got home from contract on 18th, just starting to snow then...
    Woke up to a lovely snow scene on Saturday morning, played with kids, played with snow. Road was impassable so made the most of making snowmen etc. Today I'm still stuck in the house. I managed to get the car out to the local shops once over Xmas and got back (just) before the melted snow turned to ice. Road is now a skidpan as local council don't think it's worth gritting.
    Haven't even had my bin emptied.

Rapidly turning into that 'I love Canada' sketch....

Comment

Not bad apart from having to deal with Mr Norr's sisters kids at his Mums, got back boxing day to some peace and quiet, so will chill for a bit before I start using my benchtime to start skilling up.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I tried to ignore the whole thing, and succeeded to quite a large degree. So yes.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          I tried to ignore the whole thing, and succeeded to quite a large degree. So yes.
          lucky you
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

The turkey was nice, tender and juicy, and cooked on time! The potatoes, black salsify and carrots were roasted to perfection. The sprouts were vile as usual - but that's ok cos the kids and wife love 'em. My wife made sage and onion stuffing from scratch which was really tasty. ( Usually with stuffing, I can take it or leave it, but this stuff left me wanting more )

The Pinotage was robust, the Chardonnay fruity yet not acidic.

The Christmas pud got a tad over cooked, so I poured about a third of a litre of brandy over it, and set fire to it. Very nice it was with custard.

A few tots of Grand Marnier settled things down.

Then, while the kids watched some Christmas fare on the BBC (or whatever), my wife and I went off for Some time after she left me to sleep, and I was woken up by her with a big kiss at 7pm (local time) just in time to catch the first episode of the Dr Who special. With a few beers.

Perfick.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              Oh FFS. Just walked up to my local pub for a swift couple of pints and read of the paper, as I quite often like to do on weekdays and it was closed! No doubt something to do with "the season" or some such bollocks.

That's the most I've been affected by this Christmas, and I thought it was over with too.

Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
              X