• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas toys - batteries

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas toys - batteries

Just realised I need to buy more some more rechargeable batteries. But how can this be? Last year I bought almost 100 AA and 50 AAA rechargeables.

Where have they all gone?

Wilmslooooooooow.

They've gone to that special place where single socks and biros go.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      They've gone to that special place where single socks and biros go.
      don't they get eaten by the ZipMogs?
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        don't they get eaten by the ZipMogs?
        I think they carry them off to a secret place - I suspect it's in the box room ...
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
          I think they carry them off to a secret place - I suspect it's in the box room ...
          I found several pens, chopsticks and some batteries under a bed in one of my spare rooms
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post
            Are you married?

Comment

Just realised I need to buy more some more rechargeable batteries. But how can this be? Last year I bought almost 100 AA and 50 AAA rechargeables.

Wilmslooooooooow.
              Perhaps you forgot they were rechargeable and binned them when they went flat.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                Perhaps you forgot they were rechargeable and binned them when they went flat.

Recycled, we hope.

Or the kids could have been flogging/giving them to their mates...
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Wilmslooooooooow.
                  What!!?

Dont get this one bit, 150 rechargeable batteries, WTF!?

Unless these are for gifts \ toys you're giving other people's kids (and why do that, let their parents buy them) that's just sheer lunacy.

If they are for your own kids, select the toy that takes the maximum number of cells. You then buy that number of AA or triple A cells plus one or two extra in case of failure or, to make maximum use of your charger ie toy takes 6 cells but charger takes 8, buy 8.

Then you recharge them as required.
                  I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Wilmslooooooooow.
                    Found them here
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_8n2...eature=related
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X