PDA

View Full Version : Iraq Hostage Released!

NickFitz
30th December 2009, 14:43
Happy New Year (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8435075.stm) for one family :happy

Paddy
30th December 2009, 15:01
He said Mr Moore, an IT consultant from Lincoln who was seized in Baghdad in May 2007, was in good health and "absolutely delighted at his release".

Hostage takers became frequently agitated after agents started phoning and asking for three references before they released him. According Mohammad Abdul Accra, “We gave the names of three references and heard nothing for days. One agent lied saying he was the preferred agent, the last straw was when an agent came back with a rate cut. The contractor was demanding smoked salmon and caviar for lunch and spent all day on the net surfing. It the last time we ever kidnap an IT contractor”

VectraMan
30th December 2009, 15:11
Imagine the size of the invoice he can put into his client.

swamp
30th December 2009, 15:14
I hope he isn't claiming travel expenses after two years.

Diver
30th December 2009, 15:14
Apparently he was released only after completing their Windows 7 upgrades :smokin

Andy2
30th December 2009, 15:19
He is clearly outside IR35

VectraMan
30th December 2009, 15:20
He is clearly outside IR35

Being held captive might mean you fail the D&C test.

And it's not like you can easily send a substitute.

NickFitz
30th December 2009, 15:23
He said Mr Moore, an IT consultant from Lincoln who was seized in Baghdad in May 2007, was in good health and "absolutely delighted at his release".

Hostage takers became frequently agitated after agents started phoning and asking for three references before they released him. According Mohammad Abdul Accra, “We gave the names of three references and heard nothing for days. One agent lied saying he was the preferred agent, the last straw was when an agent came back with a rate cut. The contractor was demanding smoked salmon and caviar for lunch and spent all day on the net surfing. It the last time we ever kidnap an IT contractor”

:rollin:

minestrone
30th December 2009, 16:56
I think money has changed hands there.

AtW
30th December 2009, 20:37
It certainly is a miracle.

Looks like hostage takers got paid off. I am sure British Govt did not pay the ransom, most likely Govt of Iraq did that and then British Govt made up for it.

Either way good thing he is alive.