• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B update - N5Gooner

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan B update - N5Gooner

Afternoon everyone,

I trust you all had a good Christmas and a great New Year.

So a quick update about my plan b, well I've been run of my feet!

I've just posted an article on the financial forum as I'm looking for an umbrella company because I'm taking on two contractors to help me. Moved into a new office just before Christmas, and my first day there is tomorrow!! The new office will allow us to take on bigger jobs.

http://www.easyslidescanning.co.uk is attracting lots of hits each day, we've a new site being built by a marketing company which will give us a more professional appearance. This will enable us to approach bigger organisations.

So far things seem to be going ok, we've plenty of work lined up for the new year now.

But boy, it sure does cost enough setting these things up !!!!
    Last edited by n5gooner; 3 January 2010, 17:51.
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Well done with plan B. Sounds like a budding plan A to me.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Congratulations n5gooner.

You shouldn't need an umbrella co as that is the problem of your contractors. If you are worried about your contractors not getting paid then avoid recommending brollies that may have gone out of business in the last year or two, and then reappeared under another name.

Good luck in 2010.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
        Congratulations n5gooner.

You shouldn't need an umbrella co as that is the problem of your contractors. If you are worried about your contractors not getting paid then avoid recommending brollies that may have gone out of business in the last year or two, and then reappeared under another name.

Good luck in 2010.
        Also avoid offshore brollies.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Nice one Gooner!

Word of the wise - create your own unique brand that you "own", like say "SKA News", this way you will be instantly recogniseable

Comment

thanks guys!!!

One question, the new site which as I said is being built is here http://www.digiscanltd.com/index.php its not finished by any means, not advertised etc.

It displays correctly on a PC using chrome, ie, safari, however when I look at it on my shiny new Mac bookpro, the formatting is lost on the central icons and I've no graphics.

Has anyone got a Mac they could check it on, or is it my Mac, I need to know to let the marketing company know......

Thanks again.
            SA says;
            Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

(whatever these are)

Comment

Sorry. Le Mac is dead so can't check it for you. Shouldn't the marketing company be checking this? I assume you are paying them a lot of money for this site.
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Has anyone got a Mac they could check it on, or is it my Mac, I need to know to let the marketing company know......
                Looks ok on mine : 10.6.2, Safari 4.0.4, Firefox 3.0.15.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                  Sorry. Le Mac is dead so can't check it for you. Shouldn't the marketing company be checking this? I assume you are paying them a lot of money for this site.

yes they should, but are closed over Christmas, I was checking today and noticed, however its now working, very odd!!!

p.s. the photos are not of me!!! I do however need to get a photo session booked!
                  SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

Congratulations!

Originally posted by n5gooner View Post
                    One question, the new site which as I said is being built is here http://www.digiscanltd.com/index.php its not finished by any means, not advertised etc.

It displays correctly on a PC using chrome, ie, safari, however when I look at it on my shiny new Mac bookpro, the formatting is lost on the central icons and I've no graphics.

Here's a screenshot of the site taken on my MacBook running Safari 4.0.3 (6531.9) under SnowLeopard (OS X 10.6). The mouse was over the Cine/DVD conversion bit, hence the mouseover highlight there.

Comment

Working...
                    X