• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suggest a new sig for SY01

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggest a new sig for SY01

SY01 currently has a sig showing:

I tried, I really tried
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Boiler trouble.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

"I'm an expert pipe-warmer, yes I am....."

Comment

Tangential philosophical distraction:

Q. Is a .sig really something you can suggest for others?

When it is not imposed by an employer, or used as a marketing tool, or as an aid to easing communication, it is usually employed by the individual as a way of expressing their persona. This is achieved by quoting a pithy message or poem that the individual feels represents them or gives an impression of their sensibilities.

It is something that needs to come from deep inside, something inspirational, something so exquisitely personal that it would take a special flash of insight for another to be able to suggest something appropriate.

So, despite his innocent openness, to conjure up a suitable epigraph for such a mercurial, multi-faceted and unpredictable individual such as SY01 would surely be a magnificent feat?
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Are you pissed RC?

Actually, I might be on to something here ...
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
              Are you pissed RC?
              Stone cold sober, I'm afraid.

Actually, there is something about
              New .sig pending

that 'feels' right for him anyway. It suggests a perpetual state of: "Nearly sorted, I've just got this little problem to deal with first..."
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                Stone cold sober, I'm afraid.

Actually, there is something about
                New .sig pending

that 'feels' right for him anyway. It suggests a perpetual state of: "Nearly sorted, I've just got this little problem to deal with first..."
                or as Mick Jagger (?) said "Life is what happens to you while you're planning your next move".
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  or as Mick Jagger (?) said "Life is what happens to you while you're planning your next move".
                  If Mick Jagger ever said that (and I acknowledge that you have a "(?)" to indicate your uncertainty), he was (as usual) nicking his best ideas from John Lennon: "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (from the lyric to Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy) on the album Double Fantasy, 1980

It's weird how that Wikipedia page seems to end up devoting more attention to Celine Dion for having done a cover of the song than it does to John for having created it - one assumes some assiduous C.D. fan has been busy, and also acquires further proof that Wikipedia is of dubious value in matters of popular culture

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    If Mick Jagger ever said that (and I acknowledge that you have a "(?)" to indicate your uncertainty), he was (as usual) nicking his best ideas from John Lennon: "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (from the lyric to Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy) on the album Double Fantasy, 1980

It's weird how that Wikipedia page seems to end up devoting more attention to Celine Dion for having done a cover of the song than it does to John for having created it - one assumes some assiduous C.D. fan has been busy, and also acquires further proof that Wikipedia is of dubious value in matters of popular culture
                    Lets be honest here, I'd rather have my mind filled with thoughts of Celine Dion than John Lennon, as talented as he was
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                    X