• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella Company - Standard Terms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umbrella Company - Standard Terms

Hi guys,

I'm new to contracting, I've been offered my first contract and I'm currently deciding whether to go Limited or umbrella. I've been speaking to parasol about an umbrella scheme but they won't provide the details of their contract terms until they have a contract from my agency. That seems a long way to go to decide I don't like their contract !!

Does anyone have a copy of the contract from parasol ? Or another umbrella company ? I like to have a good look at everything before I decide !!

Thanks

- Apple

Originally posted by RichardCranium
    <bump> newbie post in case nobody saw it.
    I don't blame them, they have probably invested a lot of money into their contracts, so why should they give it to you without first knowing that you are a genuine contractor with a genuine interest in using their services. Let's face it, they don't know you from Adam, so for all they know you could be one of their competitors trying to rip off their agreement if you were too tight to invest in your own documentation?

Comment

I cant send you a contract.
      But I have been through both these Unmbellas.
      They seem very similar setups.
      Giant probably has the slight edge (for my convenience) in being able to adjust pension contributions online (which I don't think Parasol offer??).

Pension contribs are taken off you weekly but paid over (invested) monthly.

Comment

Originally posted by apple View Post
        Hi guys,

I'm new to contracting, I've been offered my first contract and I'm currently deciding whether to go Limited or umbrella. I've been speaking to parasol about an umbrella scheme but they won't provide the details of their contract terms until they have a contract from my agency. That seems a long way to go to decide I don't like their contract !!

Does anyone have a copy of the contract from parasol ? Or another umbrella company ? I like to have a good look at everything before I decide !!

Thanks

- Apple
        Are you looking to contract for the foreseeable future or do you think that this will be a one-off contract between permanent roles? If you think the move to contracting will be for more than just a few months then the benefits of a Ltd Co outweigh the use of a brolly. If you think this is the route you want to go down then please do call us and we would be more than happy to discuss your circumstances further - Tel: 050015250 / jaime(at)sjdaccountancy.com - If you think that this is a one-off contract then why not also look at Contractor Umbrella as an alternative to the ones you have already contacted.

Comment

do you mean their employee contract? They will not have a contract with the agency that is for you and the agency to sort out though Parasol's name has to go in there instead of yours and they might review it too.
          This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
          X