• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do I merge two compaines?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I merge two compaines?

I have two companies and I wish to merger them into one.
    Any idea how I go about doing this arduous task with Companies House?

Thanks.

The first question that I have is why would you do this?

Comment

You can't formally merge them. Essentially one will need to sell its trade and assets to the other. Then the first one can be struck off.

If there's anything remotely significant being transferred, you should definitely speak to a professional about it first. You may well have chargeable gains in the selling company, and things like balancing allowances/charges on any capital items transferred.

Comment

HI There are ways of merging the businesses by way of group restructuring etc BUT complex/involve legal and tax issues etc... Generally Maslins advise is the correct one in practice unless there is lots of money involved and good reasons to do it. If out of convenence only look at the "sale" of one business to other and close old co down. Too little info to advise properly but generally better off keeping things simple!

Comment

Working...
        X