• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recession over? - You ain't seen nothing yet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recession over? - You ain't seen nothing yet

So after all the printing money and other stimuli the economy grew by 0.1% in the last quarter, following a 6% contraction in total

We're well and truly fooked.

Well what do you think is going to happen when interest rates have to rise to combat inflation, the BOE stops printing money and the inevitable public sector lay-offs take place?

The financial industry is leaving and Britain's manufacturing is too small for an export led-recovery.

What has just passed will be known as the "Phoney recession". The real one is yet to come. Remember you heard it here first.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Did you miss last sKA News or just opted to lie low for a bit?

Comment

That's what I love about this forum, all the doom
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Did you miss last sKA News or just opted to lie low for a bit?
        I tend not to read your bollux.
        What is the news in one sentence?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          I tend not to read your bollux.
          You are posting it though, right? Now give me that sandwich.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            The financial industry is leaving
            Are you going with them.....
            Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Perhaps if the government paid some hand picked scientists to tell you the recession is over you'd believe them.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                That's what I love about this forum, all the doom
                Well, to add to the boom ... I made a fortune out of the credit crunch buying banking stocks at stupidly low prices. I haven't been out of work a single day (tho I admit rates down a bit), so for me it's all good. Can't wait for the interest rates to rocket, so I can earn some interest on my cash and buy houses at cheap prices (and lease back to gov.) due to the massive amount of repo's ... great days.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
                  Can't wait for the interest rates to rocket

And what do you think will happen with inflation?

If I were you I'd diversify into multiple currencies, strictly for hedging purposes (not dirty spekulations).

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
                    Well, to add to the boom ... I made a fortune out of the credit crunch buying banking stocks at stupidly low prices. I haven't been out of work a single day (tho I admit rates down a bit), so for me it's all good. Can't wait for the interest rates to rocket, so I can earn some interest on my cash and buy houses at cheap prices (and lease back to gov.) due to the massive amount of repo's ... great days.
                    Good man!

That's the spirit. See opportunity everywhere.

Comment

Working...
                    X