• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bristol

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bristol

What a dump...comparisons with Liverpool are inevitable - no real industry - rip off car parks- asked the girlie in the reception for a tariff - got a blank look...no doubt she was another highly skilled migrant- bloody foreigners everywhere!

Does anyone have a good word to say about it?

BTW I will drop kick the next one coming down on College Hill that thinks red lights do not apply to cyclists
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    What a dump...comparisons with Liverpool are inevitable - no real industry - rip off car parks- asked the girlie in the reception for a tariff - got a blank look...no doubt she was another highly skilled migrant- bloody foreigners everywhere!

BTW I will drop kick the next one coming down on College Hill that thinks red lights do not apply to cyclists
    Ive never really liked the place either, except possibly the bit around the old port area.

PZZ

Comment

Actually, Bristol is really rather nice.
      If anything the one criticism I would have is that it's a little too laid back and West Country. On the whole though not bad as all.

Comment

I have.

Bristol was the city from which ship sailed to find treasure in the "Treasure Island".

Also I contracted there few years ago and found the center of the city was very nice. Have not been to Liverpool so can't compare.

HTH

Comment

Didn't they apologise for their part in the slave trade recently?

Comment

Didn't they apologise for their part in the slave trade recently?
            Only the Left wing idiots. The rest of us could not remember it.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              I have.

Bristol was the city from which ship sailed to find treasure in the "Treasure Island".

Also I contracted there few years ago and found the center of the city was very nice. Have not been to Liverpool so can't compare.

HTH
              Depends on your terms of reference - I have been to Odessa so compared to that then I could see the favourable comparison

Comment

Originally posted by s2budd View Post
                Actually, Bristol is really rather nice.
                If anything the one criticism I would have is that it's a little too laid back and West Country. On the whole though not bad as all.
                They speak funny and the place grew big because of the slave trade: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_slave_trade

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
                  They speak funny
                  Only if you speak to someone from the wrong side of the river.

Comment

Apart from BAE, Airbus, Rolls-Royce.

Fantastic place, love it, can't think of better city in the UK.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X