• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you were HIRING a contractor...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you were HIRING a contractor...

Would you use an agency, or just stick it on Jobserve yourself?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

I like the idea of doing it myself, but it really depends on how much time you have to devote to hiring, and how quickly you think you could effectively whittle down the hundreds of CVs you'll receive.

Comment

Almost certainly word of mouth or LinkedIn rather than Jobswerve or an agency.
      And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

I hope you would call me
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I would get one of my mates in, subcontracted via my own company so that I could take a cut.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Would you use an agency, or just stick it on Jobserve yourself?
            If it was for MyCo - then via Networking

If it were for ClientCo - Whatever... although I would pass my relevant "Associates" onto ClientCo....

PS Dodgy... I would call you................ to tell you about the role you weren't getting a sniff of!

Comment

It would depend.

If it were for a role where I had no contacts, I'd definitely use an agent.

But since everybody in my niche knows everybody else it would be a bit pointless for me to use an agent when a few phone calls would do.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Friends/colleagues, perhaps Linkedin.

Then agent. I'd probably use agent from the beginning anyway to try and get more choice. No way would I stick on jobserve and do myself... unless perhaps I was leaving company and winding down my work.. would take too long.

So no matter what I say about agents...they definitely have their uses. I'd use one that had dealt with me well in the past, and seemed to consider the client's needs as well.

Comment

Originally posted by northernrampage View Post
                  Friends/colleagues, perhaps Linkedin.

Then agent. I'd probably use agent from the beginning anyway to try and get more choice. No way would I stick on jobserve and do myself... unless perhaps I was leaving company and winding down my work.. would take too long.

So no matter what I say about agents...they definitely have their uses. I'd use one that had dealt with me well in the past, and seemed to consider the client's needs as well.
                  I would go with this one to be honest. Yes get someone in I know if I could but apart from that let the agents do the legwork. I would think it is only the contractors they piss off and would be pretty good with me as a client.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I avoid agencies, because they only seem able to supply the calibre of contractor that uses agencies.

Comment

Working...
                    X