• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EDS scoops £4bn MoD outsourcing contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EDS scoops £4bn MoD outsourcing contract

http://management.silicon.com/govern...9128279,00.htm

The EDS-led Atlas consortium has won the £4bn Ministry of Defence (MoD) Defence Information Infrastructure (DII) outsourcing contract, one of the biggest outsourcing deals ever.

The Atlas consortium beat off the CSC-led Radii grouping. The latter comprised three well-known IT companies - BT and Thales as well as CSC - versus the six partners working with EDS.

Speaking at a press conference held at MoD headquarters in London today, a senior MoD official said the department is confident all the companies in the Atlas consortium will perform well. Besides EDS, Atlas includes Cogent, Fujitsu Services, General Dynamics and LogicaCMG as well as HP and IBM who were at one stage in separate competing consortia.

Well-documented failings by EDS at the Inland Revenue and Department for Work and Pensions meant that until recently Radii had been many industry watchers' favourite to win the giant DII contract. However, the MoD spokesman said due diligence had been done at reference sites at home and overseas and the department is confident past mistakes won't be repeated.

Oh Dear!

More jobs for Indian IT staff. More tax to pay for the cock-ups to come.

Feck me. I wonder how much this consortium of motley cowboys had to "donate" to the New Lie to win this one?

That's £4,000,000,000 of taxpayers money down the pan.......

and not a single comment.......

Comment

I can't possibly comment. I was in on the Service Delivery Design for MOD and expressed serious concerns about governance plans. They've gone ahead with so many flaws... but it's classified so I can't talk about it!
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I do not believe it

Comment

hohohohohohohoho EDS and Logica together, now that should be a laugh... Now they just need Capita to run it on the ground and Accidenture to manage it top level and we could be talking about the fastest way ever to burn £4bn!!!
          Chico, what time is it?

Comment

this was announced over 6 months ago...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Yes, I missed it.

Thought it was worth highlighting in the interests of "fairness" to the tax-payers here (and Ms Loos).

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
                this was announced over 6 months ago...

In fact, I think it was announced that EDS had it well before the tender was made public. At least Blair and Co and the directors of EDS knew anyway. I think it was in the exchange of envelopes. Used, non sequential notes.

Only Liebour could reward a company that has failed on almost every government contract they have had.
                Discuss PDA/Smartphones
                Yeovil Town FC - the real green & whites

Comment

god help us.

Comment

In Denmark one of the political parties wants to disband the army, navy, airforce etc. and replace them with an answering machine saying "We surrender".

Somehow, methinks, that after blowing 4bn on yet another EDS fsck up the UK won't even have the answering machine...
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X