• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Australian anti-immigration politician 'migrating to UK'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Australian anti-immigration politician 'migrating to UK'

Australia race politician Pauline Hanson moving to UK

She told Women's Day that Australia was no longer a land of opportunity and she had "had enough" of living there.

Ms Hanson built a career on claims that Australia was being "swamped by Asians"
    Out of the frying pan...
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

I was in Oz when she was trying to get elected.

I'm pretty sure she qualifies as an idiot.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      I was in Oz when she was trying to get elected.

I'm pretty sure she qualifies as an idiot.
      Terrific. The UK is really short of idiots
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        Out of the frying pan...

Comment

Hanson was pretty different to your typical UK politician in that she was quite open about her racist beliefs...

Comment

Originally posted by Toolpusher
            Maybe I should come back too?
            I'm guessing you won't because you're not.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Two immediate differences I can see between the UK and Oz:

1. A large porportion of the immigrants in the UK come to take advantage of the crazy system of handouts and have no intention of working or contributing in any positive way.

2. Oz doesn't have a radical PC element forcing society to bend over backwards to avoid anything which could be seen as possibly 'offending' other cultures or religions.

Comment

Sadly, the land of opportunity is no more applicable," she said, blaming high taxes, over-regulation and a "lack of true representation".

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by gadgetman View Post
                  Two immediate differences I can see between the UK and Oz:

2. Oz doesn't have a radical PC element forcing society to bend over backwards to avoid anything which could be seen as possibly 'offending' other cultures or religions.
                  You are totally wrong there mate, Cosmopolitan Ozzies are amongst the most PC people I ever met. Sydney is the only place where I was ever told it was improper to ask for a black coffee.
                  And some 12 year kid on a scuba diving trip having hysterics and threatening his dad with legal action because he could have mates sleeping over.

In the small towns and rural areas it's different

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Well last weekend we saw "Little Black Sambo" in a book shop. They also sell Gollywogs and refer to people by the shortened version of that word.

Doesn't sound that PC to me.

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    You are totally wrong there mate, Cosmopolitan Ozzies are amongst the most PC people I ever met. Sydney is the only place where I was ever told it was improper to ask for a black coffee.
                    And some 12 year kid on a scuba diving trip having hysterics and threatening his dad with legal action because he could have mates sleeping over.

In the small towns and rural areas it's different

Comment

Working...
                    X