• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

US contractor attacks IRS. With his 'plane

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US contractor attacks IRS. With his 'plane

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...ing-Texas.html

He should have vented his spleen on here and let it all out.

Never worked in the States but isn't a contractor there on less money than a perm ? A mate was a contractor for eBay in Silicon Valley and was working crazy hours hoping they would offer him a regular staff job for higher income and the health package.

I knew a guy who last year was essentially implementing global support after a takeover, for the princely sum of $40 per hour. It would have been higher, but he took the lower rate for some of the employee benefits - health care and stuff like that.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by LegendsWear7 View Post
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...ing-Texas.html

He should have vented his spleen on here and let it all out.

A possible lurker? His suicide note is based upon Threaded's signature:
      'I saw it written once that the definition of insanity is repeating the same process over and over and expecting the outcome to suddenly be different,' it said. 'I am finally ready to stop this insanity.
      'Well, Mr. Big Brother IRS man, let's try something different; take my pound of flesh and sleep well.'
      Edit: Yes, it is rather parochial of me to pick up on that, but it was worth mentioning.
      Last edited by realityhack; 18 February 2010, 20:25.

Comment

Officials at the US Department of Homeland Security said it was a 'deliberate criminal act' and that Mr Stack was the registered owner of the plane.
        Why is this not classified as an act of terrorism ala 9/11?

In both scenarios, the motive of the perpetrators was to inflict (maximum) damage to the intended target.

(BTW, I am seriously asking).

Edit: Thinking about it, in 9/11, perhaps the act of hijacking the planes was the act of terrorism whereas the act of flying them into the twin towers was a criminal act?
        Last edited by Clippy; 18 February 2010, 20:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
          In both scenarios, the motive of the perpetrators was to inflict (maximum) damage to the intended target.
          Light aircraft can't inflict maximum damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            Why is this not classified as an act of terrorism ala 9/11?

(BTW, I am seriously asking).

Edit: Thinking about it, in 9/11, perhaps the act of hijacking the planes was the act of terrorism whereas the act of flying them into the twin towers was a criminal act?
            An act of terrorism is a criminal act.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              An act of terrorism is a criminal act.
              So, it's a reporting issue?

i.e 9/11 was/is widely reported from an 'act of terrorism' perspective whereas an incident such as this is being reported from a 'criminal act' perspective.

Just struck me that whenever 9/11 was reported, don't recall it being described as a criminal act.

Thanks for clarifying.

Comment

Is one person being pissed off to the point of violence classed as terrorism? Don't terrorists have to have some claimed political/religious/social motivation which drives their actions?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The purpose of terrorists is to kill other in order to terrorise and force into submission for their goals.

That guy does not fit this definition.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    The purpose of terrorists is to kill other in order to terrorise and force into submission for their goals.

That guy does not fit this definition.
                    Unless his goal was a tax rebate.

Comment

Working...
                    X