• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finally handed in my notice!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally handed in my notice!

I can breathe a sigh of relief now! I managed 6 months with them and I do not need a single day more!

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post

I can breathe a sigh of relief now! I managed 6 months with them and I do not need a single day more!

When do you start your new gig?
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Next Monday. Passed all the checks and am going to either sign the contract today or tomorrow.

Either way I am free! Woooooooooooooooooooooo!

It is a really nice feeling. 3 days left to go and I am starting to feel normal again.

Apparently there is an announcement on Friday they are going to be hit with a major restructure so I couldn't slip off at a better time.

Comment

Last edited by Mich the Tester; 3 March 2010, 10:53. Reason: removed extra applause as you din'
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

you get an extra round of applause for de-permifying yourself;

This was a contract role, not permie
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            I stand corrected. Tank you.

Comment

Well done
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Indeed. Was waiting for the 6 months to hit and cannot believe I managed to stick it out this long.

If you saw this place and how it is you would be surprised there are any members of staff wanting to be here on a permanent basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
                  Indeed. Was waiting for the 6 months to hit and cannot believe I managed to stick it out this long.

If you saw this place and how it is you would be surprised there are any members of staff wanting to be here on a permanent basis.
                  Can anyone define a ‘permanent’ job?

Doesn’t ‘permanent’ mean ‘underpaid until a random number generator gives you a P45’?

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                    Well done
                    Thank you.

I should add thanks for all the advice when I met everyone a few weeks back. Waiting for the 6 month marker to hit felt like a lifetime but it was the right thing to do as it looks like a fair stint on the good old CV.

Comment

Working...
                    X