• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Healthcare & Pension.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Healthcare & Pension.

While we are on the question of benefits.

What sort of offset could you do with Healthcare insurance with Clientco. Is there a benefit here?

In addition, whats the deal with your own pension. The company I worked for would put 15% into a pension pot for me in addition to my 10% contributions. It was an incredible deal. Never really thought of using my own Ltd to do this.

Anyone do this in any great detail?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

What sort of offset could you do with Healthcare insurance with Clientco. Is there a benefit here?

In addition, whats the deal with your own pension. The company I worked for would put 15% into a pension pot for me in addition to my 10% contributions. It was an incredible deal. Never really thought of using my own Ltd to do this.

Don't know if insurance attracts BIK... but I believe contributing to a pension is the most tax efficient way of contributing.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

If your company provides you with Healthcare then you need to pay benefit in kind taxes. Not sure what you are saying wrt Clientco.

You can put as much of your profit as you like into pension. It then reduces your profit (as it is a cost of doing business) and hence reduces the corporation tax you have to pay. There has been some discussion about whether the amount which you pay in pension should be capped at the amount of your salary but my understanding is that it is not necessary as you are not paying it in personally - your company is paying it for you.
      Loopy Loo

Comment

Working...
      X