• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recommend an Accountant?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend an Accountant?

Hi, I have a limited company and need a decent Accountant. Any recommendations..?

Never used em but SJD come recommended from reading past posts.

Comment

Accountants

Comment

I can highly recommend Darren at 1st Accountancy.

Have been with him for past year or so and has provided an excellent service (including work outside of the bog-standard bookeeping)

He is a geordie but dont hold that against him

Comment

Don't bother. I know many people with them and the worst thing I've heard about them is "£85 a month...". Otherwise they are certainly top 5 of the bigger companies.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I've only been with SJD a short while but I have no complaints so far.

Friendly knowledgable Account Manager ( Hi Claire! ). Quick, clear concise answers to questions and excellent advise. £85 pm well spent as far as I am concerned and made a big differance to my comfort factor in starting up as a contractor.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
              Don't bother. I know many people with them and the worst thing I've heard about them is "£85 a month...". Otherwise they are certainly top 5 of the bigger companies.
              Ditto, they are more expensive but know IR35 well. They have also been very freindly when I have enquired. Infact I almost switched to them, but they charge for electronic filling, which I think is naughty. So I'm going to sign up with Darren as soon as my accounts are filled. My current accountant knows IR35 issues well, but the service has gone down hill. If I ring them it's as if they are doing me a massive favour, and the attitude is very poor. They used to be pro-active and courteous, but now are rude and often require chasing. All in all I've had enough of them!
              Last edited by Bagpuss; 12 January 2006, 10:33.
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

All this talk about nice accountants makes me want to go LTD again. Damn my failed plans of goign travelling within 6 months of getting back last time. Those 3 month extensions sure add up until your life is gone and your'e nearly 30!

Comment

Working...
                X