• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How do I find out the status of my Security Clearance application?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I find out the status of my Security Clearance application?

Hi,

I'm a permie that has accepted voluntary redundancy with my last day being 30th April.

About 18 months ago I applied for SC Clearance but this hasn't come through yet. My company has chased it a number of times and just been told it's "in progress".

I don't want to contact the Security Team in my company just yet and tell them I'm leaving as I am worried they will cancel my application although I would HOPE that as they've paid for it already (big assumption), they won't.

Has anyone been in a similar situation before who can give me some advice please as obviously I would prefer to leave with this in my pocket as it gives me more options?

Even if my clearance does come through before 30th April how do I go about getting some official document that states my clearance has been granted, to what level, when it expires etc. as I was cleared to CTC before a number of years ago through the same company and all I received was an internal email saying I had been cleared?

Is there a secure website somewhere I can to see the status of my application and also to advise of changes as doesn't the clearance belong to me as an individual and not my sponsoring company?

I'm just thinking that come 1st May and I've left, if it does come through how will I know.

Many thanks in advance for all your help.

Originally posted by Cliff View Post
    Hi,

I'm a permie that has accepted voluntary redundancy with my last day being 30th April.

About 18 months ago I applied for SC Clearance but this hasn't come through yet. My company has chased it a number of times and just been told it's "in progress".

I don't want to contact the Security Team in my company just yet and tell them I'm leaving as I am worried they will cancel my application although I would HOPE that as they've paid for it already (big assumption), they won't.

Has anyone been in a similar situation before who can give me some advice please as obviously I would prefer to leave with this in my pocket as it gives me more options?

Even if my clearance does come through before 30th April how do I go about getting some official document that states my clearance has been granted, to what level, when it expires etc. as I was cleared to CTC before a number of years ago through the same company and all I received was an internal email saying I had been cleared?

Is there a secure website somewhere I can to see the status of my application and also to advise of changes as doesn't the clearance belong to me as an individual and not my sponsoring company?

I'm just thinking that come 1st May and I've left, if it does come through how will I know.

Many thanks in advance for all your help.
    The chances are that the Security Team are already aware that you are leaving / being made redundant via various internal processes. Therefore there is no harm in asking them the question.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

You can ask the DVA. They probably won't tell you though.

Or you could have a careful look at your finances and similar things: friend of mine 's clearance was held up for six months until he discovered his ex had run up a £4.5k overdraw on his credit card...
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Contact the DVA and ask them

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/Ab...tTheAgency.htm

Comment

Working...
        X