• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lorry pushing car video

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lorry pushing car video

what on earth is going on here. Lorry at full tilt pushing a car sideways down the motorway??

Lorry car
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

What a nightmare for the woman "passenger".

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      what on earth is going on here. Lorry at full tilt pushing a car sideways down the motorway??

Lorry car
      Dear God...

That made me feel faint, no CGI there!!
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Wow. unbelievable!

Comment

It's those new Garmin autopilot systems - truck driver was having 40 pot noodles in the back.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Good heavens! Even if he didn't see it, how on earth did the truck driver not notice either the noise, the smell of burning rubber, or the change in handling characteristics and/or acceleration of his vehicle?

I suspect some "chemical" impairment.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
              ... and/or acceleration of his vehicle?...
              That can be explained by the equation that describes the law of conservation of linear momentum:

I = mv - mu

But as to the rest - I totally agree - it's bizarre.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                I saw the same thing happen on the M4 in 1997.

Tesco wagon pushing a white car sideways.

For some reason I looked to my left as I overtook the truck & though "That doesn't look right" & booted it.

Truck driver put his brakes on & the car shot across the motorway & hit the central crashbarrier.

Lovely.

No one hurt so far as I know.
                Had a similar experience myself on the M42 one night
                Over took a truck, looked in my side mirrors and thought "His lights look wierd" as I went a bit further I got a better look in the rearview mirror...
                His lights looked weird cause they were shining through a car that was in front of the truck and sideways.

Pulled over and called the police, traffic resumed to normal flow in the 5 minutes whilst I was on the hard shoulder
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Lorry car
                  I shouldn't worry if I were you. It's most likely just some Top Gear stunt.

If you look closely, Richard Hammond is probably in the car, and Clarkson driving the truck.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                    That can be explained by the equation that describes the law of conservation of linear momentum:

I = mv - mu

But as to the rest - I totally agree - it's bizarre.
                    Actually, if look closely, the tanker was totally empty, so there's an awful lot less momentum to conserve than you might suppose.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X