• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sceptic challenges spiritualist to kill him

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sceptic challenges spiritualist to kill him

Cool stuff this. Some spiritualist ‘guru’ claimed on TV in India that he could kill a man just by his 'mystical powers'. So some chap in the audience said ‘alright then, kill me’. He tried and tried of hours, with predictable results, at least, predictable for a sceptic.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle7067989.ece
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

One reason is that Indian politicians nurture and shelter gurus to give them spiritual credibility, use their followers as vote banks, or to mask sexual or criminal activity
    Thank goodness for British democracy.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I liked this bit; 'The holy man then said he needed to conduct a ritual that could only be done at night, outdoors, and after he had slept with a woman, drunk alcohol and rubbed himself in ash. '

Yeah, I have special powers after a good shag and a few bevvies too.

Comment

Some of the Bobs at last ClientCo claimed that you don't need to eat at all and they'd personally witnessed people who never eat or drink anything.

These guys were Jains and didn't anything with a root! No garlic or onion or spuds! Only stuff that had fallen off trees.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          Some of the Bobs at last ClientCo claimed that you don't need to eat at all and they'd personally witnessed people who never eat or drink anything.

These guys were Jains and didn't anything with a root! No garlic or onion or spuds! Only stuff that had fallen off trees.
          This explains why a lot of Bobs believe a database doesn’t need a data model, big projects don’t need version control and clients don’t need to test anything before implementing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            This explains why a lot of Bobs believe a database doesn’t need a data model, big projects don’t need version control and clients don’t need to test anything before implementing it.
            Plenty quickness that way.

Comment

I liked this bit; 'The holy man then said he needed to conduct a ritual that could only be done at night, outdoors, and after he had slept with a woman, drunk alcohol and rubbed himself in ash. '

The morning after a night out like this I could kill anyone with the smell of my horrible body most of the next day!!!
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

...could only be done at night, outdoors without witnesses, a knife....

Comment

I seem to remember the breatharians. they claimed you can get all of your bodily needs from the air

oxygen, food and water.

One of them went out into the outback iirc, to prove it. she died pretty quick.

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    I seem to remember the breatharians. they claimed you can get all of your bodily needs from the air

oxygen, food and water.

One of them went out into the outback iirc, to prove it. she died pretty quick.

There was once a Yorkshireman who believed that all these expeditions to climb Everest were a big over the top southern woofty poofty exaggeration and that he could stride to the top with nothing more than a tweed jacket and a sturdy walking stick. So off he went and was found a year later. I don’t think they bothered defrosting him.

Comment

Working...
                    X