• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Forum ID's

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum ID's

Daft question, excluding sockies, do all you chaps use the same forum name & avatar on all the forums you visit?

The reason I ask is that as a non IT geek I use different ID's to minimise my web presence & tailor the name to the forum subject.

This morning I was looking for the price & supplier of soundbloc boards & lo & behold there was one of our illustrious members with the same name & avatar on a AV forum.

I’m just being nosey really
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Daft question, excluding sockies, do all you chaps use the same forum name & avatar on all the forums you visit?

The reason I ask is that as a non IT geek I use different ID's to minimise my web presence & tailor the name to the forum subject.

This morning I was looking for the price & supplier of soundbloc boards & lo & behold there was one of our illustrious members with the same name & avatar on a AV forum.

I’m just being nosey really
    I'm only on three forums but use different names and avatars.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Yes, I do.

I use HairyArsedBloke for comments on blogs all over the place. For comments on newspapers I use HAB; like I did on Liam Halligans piece in the Telegraph.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I use the same on other boards if I am able to get it. But I normally only get it 1 in 3 maybe.

Lot of fans of Marillion around you see.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I've also seen CUK forum members on other sites, but remember CUK General members have a time honoured tradition of taking a summer holiday for a day each year and hitting other forums

ie. Farmers, Caravans, David Icke, Bank Charge do gooders.

But I feel that there will be no Summer Holiday this year.
          Last edited by MarillionFan; 21 March 2010, 10:32. Reason: Thought police.

Comment

Yeh. I'm xoggoth on everything. It's my real name.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              I've also seen CUK forum members on other sites, but remember CUK General members have a time honoured tradition of taking a summer holiday for a day each year and hitting other forums

ie. Farmers, Caravans, David Icke, Bank Charge do gooders.

But I feel that there will be no Summer Holiday this year.
              I've just has a wee look back at all the CUK Holiday threads over the years. My my my, some posters have been very naughty in the past and very hypocritical in the recent CUK trolling debacle!

Comment

I was the original Richard Cranium on LinkedIn before I created this RC sockpuppet on here.

I had over 500 people in my network before the LIONs realised I was taking the piss out of them and they got my account deleted. (Not disabled - actually deleted.)

My real id on here I have used elsewhere, but it is currently resting for reasons to do with not wanting to get dragged into other people's industrial tribunal cases...

And my original online id from 1994 is still going on Usenet and on lots and lots of web sites (and MyLtdCo) - but never been used on CUK.

So I have a variety of online ids.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I tend to use the same ID in a variety of places, unless I actually want to appear as me / professional.

CUK is the only place that I have an avatar - can't generally be bothered, and have them switched off on here as well.
                  If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    I had over 500 people in my network before the LIONs realised I was taking the piss out of them and they got my account deleted. (Not disabled - actually deleted.)...
                    I take my hat off to you sir.

There are a few NotAllTheres out there. Not all are me. Some are. I use the same name for website comments. I only really use three public forums. On one of those I use my real name, but that's professional forum. I use a different avatar on the third.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X