• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to Google for direct work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Google for direct work

I've been Googleing for direct opportunities. It seems agencies and bodyshops are spamming posts, so for every indirect opportunity there is around 100 posts, and every direct opportunity is drowning.

I try to enter terms like "-client -site:jobser.vom" but there seems to be to many jobcites, agencies and bodyshops.

What I want to do is reach the actual end-company or company running a project. Typically they will put an ad on their own site. Also they probably prefer specific jobsites, but I haven't found out which ones.

Any ideas

Originally posted by Oscar View Post
    What I want to do is reach the actual end-company or company running a project.
    Don't we all....

I am sure that if we all knew the answer to that one, agencies would go out of business.

Oh, and I/we wouldn't tell you either.. Why give secrets like that away to the competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Oscar View Post
      What I want to do is reach the actual end-company or company running a project. Typically they will put an ad on their own site. Also they probably prefer specific jobsites, but I haven't found out which ones.

Any ideas
      If they have permie opportunities they willl, very rare for contracts - they'll usually put those out to those agents on their PSLs (that's what they're there for after all).

That's the information you really need to find.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Write a script that reads the ULRs of every employer who has a website with a jobs or careers section and search that.
        This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by memyselfandi View Post
          Don't we all....

I am sure that if we all knew the answer to that one, agencies would go out of business.

Oh, and I/we wouldn't tell you either.. Why give secrets like that away to the competition.
          This!
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

you should try www.noagenciesplease. com

updated quite often but is mainly development jobs. HTH

Comment

oh this one is pretty good too

jobboard.geekup.org

Comment

Working...
              X