• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Petrol Prices...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petrol Prices...

...Ok chaps, this morning at Knutsford Services, 126.9p per litre for "normal" unleaded!

Anybody pay more, like for like recently?

I'm paying 168CHF = £1.03 per litre. With the exchange rate of two years ago, it would have been about 80p. So I wonder if the high price is due to currency exchange rates?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Not paid that much, but will avoid Knutsford in future!
      I'm sure the last time petrol prices were this high, there was a national outcry. Why is everyone so quiet about it this time?
      My weekly commute is costing me about £110 a week in petrol - but then I do have a silly car
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Yep, paid £1.30 in Munich yesterday....given the exchange rate, £1.269 is feckin criminal!

I'm driving back to the UK on Friday, looking at £200 for petrol to get to Oxford.

That and £70 for the tunnel (bit cheaper because it's at silly O'clock)

Hmm...so to drive here and back has cost about £500 and 1500 miles of wear and tear / depreciation and 2 days.

I'm flying next time and just paying for an extra bag or two!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          ...Ok chaps, this morning at Knutsford Services, 126.9p per litre for "normal" unleaded!

Anybody pay more, like for like recently?
          It's cheaper to fill up at one of the supermarket petrol stations at around 115p.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Mango View Post
            It's cheaper to fill up at one of the supermarket petrol stations at around 115p.
            Thanks mate, catch! ("it's a NO SH!T, SHERLOCK" award)

Comment

At that time in the morning I don't think Churchie wakes up til around Knutsford services
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Thanks mate, catch! ("it's a NO SH!T, SHERLOCK" award)
                Well we all know it, why not fill up the night before at the supermarket...

Comment

Originally posted by Green Mango View Post
                  Well we all know it, why not fill up the night before at the supermarket...
                  I was sat in my shorts watching TV with girly and couldn't be arsed.

Comment

Two types of people. Those about to run out of petrol on the motorway and those that aren't.

The latter don't pay that much. It's criminal but avoidable IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X