• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need to find some nails before the 6th

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to find some nails before the 6th

Was browsing the BBC website & came across this: Where They Stand: Guide to party election policies.

I found myself agreeing primarily with the UKIP key priorities:

"Withdraw from the EU and enter into a Swiss-style free trade agreement with EU members; replace basic and higher income tax and national insurance rates with a single, flat tax rate for everyone; freeze immigration for five years; establish a grammar school in every town; oppose green taxes and wind farms; create an English Parliament of English MPs at Westminster."

So it looks like I'll be nailing my testicles to a table on the 6th to stop me making it to the polling station and wasting a vote!

Sorry mate, Easters gone.

BGG is still nailing himself to a cross at every opportunity though.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Wilson runs a nail factory and decides his business needs a bit of advertising. He has a chat with a friend who works in marketing and he offers to make a TV ad for Wilson's Nails.

"Give me a week," says the friend, "and I'll be back with a tape."

A week goes by and the marketing executive comes to see Wilson. He puts a cassette in the video and presses play. A Roman soldier is busy nailing Jesus to the cross. He turns to face the camera and says with a grin "Use Wilson's Nails, they'll hold anything."

Wilson goes mad shouting: "What is the matter with you? They'll never show that on TV. Give it another try, but no more Romans crucifying Jesus!"

Another week goes by and the marketing man comes back to see Wilson with another tape. He puts it in the machine and hits play. This time the camera pans out from a Roman standing with his arms folded to show Jesus on the cross. The Roman looks up at him and says 'Wilson's Nails, they'll hold anything'.

Wilson is beside himself. "You don't understand: I don't want anything with Jesus on the cross! Now listen, I'll give you one last chance. Come back in a week with an advertisement that I can broadcast."

A week passes and Wilson waits impatiently. The marketing executive arrives and puts on the new video. A naked man with long hair, gasping for breath, is running across a field. About a dozen Roman soldiers come over the hill, hot on his trail. One of them turns to camera and says 'If only we had used Wilson's Nails'.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
      X