• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I Would Happily Punch Every One of You in the Face...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Would Happily Punch Every One of You in the Face...

...The Frankie Boyle tour.

I went last night and to say some of his gags were a bit risqué would be a colossal understatement, I enjoyed it but there were plenty of moments when I couldn't quite believe what I was hearing.

Race, religion, rape, child abuse, disabilities, it's got the lot! He's only just started the 113 date tour so expect plenty of 'outrage' in the papers over the next few months:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...downs-syndrome
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    ...The Frankie Boyle tour.

I went last night and to say some of his gags were a bit risqué would be a colossal understatement, I enjoyed it but there were plenty of moments when I couldn't quite believe what I was hearing.

Race, religion, rape, child abuse, disabilities, it's got the lot! He's only just started the 113 date tour so expect plenty of 'outrage' in the papers over the next few months:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...downs-syndrome
    I hate Frankie Boyle ....... not funny at all.

Sorry.

Comment

I personally don't find him funny at the best of time, oddly enough same for the others on his panel on that TV show. I thought that I had suddenly got old and boring as I didn't like any of these faces of 'new' comedy. What was wrong with a guy in wellies and an SS outfit or group of people running round chasing the bald guy???

It does remind me a of an xmas do once though. Had two bit comedien trying to do his shock and awe type racist/genderist type routine and missed the mark so badly it was toe curlingly bad. No laughs nor nothing, everyone looking at the two indian girls when the racist jokes came out etc. I had to get up and go to the loo to get out of there. This type of humour can backfire so badly if delivered wrongly.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Made me laugh on Mock the Week but I think he is now taking it too far and to the point where the shock is distasteful and not funny.

Comment

He can be very funny. But he chooses to combine that with crude offensiveness. I prefer sophisticated offensiveness. He shown quite a lot of that on Mock the Week. He should stick to it.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I like him on MTW, but think I'll drawn the bad-taste line somewhere around the Jimmy Carr level, who sounds to be a few steps more restrained?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The offended mother said:
              I know talentless comedians like Jimmy Carr have a history and reputation of poking fun at people with disabilities,
              wtf?
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                The offended mother said:
                wtf?
                I went to his gig in December.

Here was one of his jokes.

"Whats better than winning gold at the special olympics?"

"ICE-CREAM!!!"

Hilarious! (guess you had to be there though)

Comment

I find him funny some of the time and it is important to remember that nobody has a human right not to be offended. He did a good Time Out interview when he left "Mock the Week" that helped me sympathise with his point of view:
                  The BBC Trust's Editorial Standards Committee found remarks you'd made about Rebecca Adlington in August 2008 to be 'offensive and not clearly editorially justified'.
                  'It was all bollocks. Especially when you consider we're fighting two wars, there's ******* swine flu and the global economy is going down the toilet. There's all this stuff that people expect you to talk about, and what do the production team send us? A picture of Rebecca Adlington. And then they tell us to write jokes about her. Our top story was the British Olympic team returning home. We'd talked about them for five weeks yet still had to joke about them getting off a plane. What are you going to write about, apart from the fact that she looks like a beagle? What else is there? Their tracksuits? The shutter speed the photographers were using?'
                  The reported spat with the parent does sound like he handled it badly - by all accounts she knew what to expect and wasn't even complaining about the joke, just responding to her husband asking reasonably if she was OK.
                  Last edited by thunderlizard; 12 April 2010, 11:20. Reason: add link to Time Out

Comment

Frankies big mistake was calling the lady out when her husband asked her if she was alright and he spotted the two of them talking.

I hate when comedians do that ........ just get on with it and stop being so precious.

Comment

Working...
                    X