• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

M25 commute - how bad?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M25 commute - how bad?

I have been asked to make visits to Leatherhead a couple or three days a week from a job I am doing near Uxbridge. As a complete stranger to the area, if I get on the M25 about 6.15am and return about 5.30pm will I actually be able to get round that part of the M25? Thanks.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    I have been asked to make visits to Leatherhead a couple or three days a week from a job I am doing near Uxbridge. As a complete stranger to the area, if I get on the M25 about 6.15am and return about 5.30pm will I actually be able to get round that part of the M25? Thanks.
    Veeeeeery optimistic. Try it a few days and you will lose the will to live.

You could even start a thread "Daily rants from a M25 commuter".
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Suspected that would be the case!

Comment

If you pull up google maps for the m25 then select show traffic. You can then change the setting from live traffic to historic by time of day.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
          Good luck - nuff said...

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
            If you pull up google maps for the m25 then select show traffic. You can then change the setting from live traffic to historic by time of day.
            Yes, tried that, it looked do-able at 6.30am and after 5.30pm, hence the question here for those local to the area.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
              Good luck - nuff said...
              Ta!

Comment

You should be able to but traffic will be heavy.
                (This assessment is based on commuting a similar journey several years ago).

An alternative option, which might be better is A3/M3 picked up, I believe from J3 of the M4 (Heathrow/Hounslow).

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                  You should be able to but traffic will be heavy.
                  (This assessment is based on commuting a similar journey several years ago).

An alternative option, which might be better is A3/M3 picked up, I believe from J3 of the M4.
                  Thanks I'll look at that.

Comment

I commuted Brentwood to Uxbridge and back for nearly two years. Usually 3 hours per day on the road. First hint of congestion - dive into the left hand lane (unless it's one of those that becomes a slip road). But that was 10 years ago.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X