• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Old forum was better

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old forum was better

I agree. Why the padding in top of the screen, my post starts half down. If it works don't fix it.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      I agree. Why the padding in top of the screen, my post starts half down. If it works don't fix it.
      WTF have we changed to this?

and another thing, emoticons are in a single column, I can't crop the reading page without a wide column down the right, there are six screen-heights between the bottom of this field and the previous posts, there are too many colours for a stealth layout.

Comment

If it works don't fix it.
        Not a very helpful suggestion for contract testers. I prefer ‘if it works, fix it, bollocks it up and then hire some contractors to come and sort it out, slowly’.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

There is always one who moans.

Keep using it and you wil get used to it. When you then see how ancient the old forum was you would be thinking, god were we using that once upton a time ??
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Did you get a room full of Bobs in to do this?
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Thing is, I don't want this to look like facebook, MSN, the late bebo, or any of that stuff.

I use CUK at work with people passing around my desk. People get bollocked around here for using social network sites, and one or two have been kicked out. I'm sure I'm not in the only company that prefers it's people to be working rather than seen to be logged on to them.

So I just want the simple, stealthy layout, without bells and whistles and colours and all that tulip that says to a passing CEO: "Look at this c***, he's f***ing about instead of doing his job."

I just want to read what people say, even AtW, and reply occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                So I just want the simple, stealthy layout, without bells and whistles and colours and all that tulip that says to a passing CEO: "Look at this c***, he's f***ing about instead of doing his job."

Use this then
                Me, me, me...

Comment

We will be shrinking the icons, this will stop them wrapping and will be smaller so this will reduce this for you a lot.

WTF have we changed to this?

and another thing, emoticons are in a single column, I can't crop the reading page without a wide column down the right, there are six screen-heights between the bottom of this field and the previous posts, there are too many colours for a stealth layout.
                  Because time moves on. New forum code is nicer, it is best to keep up with updates and there are new features we wanted to use.

Can you let me know what browser you are using and the steps you go through to see the emoticons in a single column like this please. If I can replicate we can fix.

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                  There is always one who moans.

Keep using it and you wil get used to it. When you then see how ancient the old forum was you would be thinking, god were we using that once upton a time ??

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  Did you get a room full of Bobs in to do this?
                  Nope, NickFitz did the layout (and I was impressed with his skills and knowledge!) and me sticking my oar in now and again. Neither of us are called Bob.

Thing is, I don't want this to look like facebook, MSN, the late bebo, or any of that stuff.

I use CUK at work with people passing around my desk. People get bollocked around here for using social network sites, and one or two have been kicked out. I'm sure I'm not in the only company that prefers it's people to be working rather than seen to be logged on to them.

1 - Turn off images.
                  2 - We will be bringing in a style for mobile use and this will also suit work as well. Really the colours are just a bit darker than the old one, it still looks like a forum and not Facebook etc IMO.

Personally I think it is always the same when a forum is changed. It is a shock as all the things that you are used to have moved or changed. Like fullyautomatix said, you will get used to this one in time. We are still tweaking things so will make the usability and style better as we go.

Comment

WHS, there needs to be a B+W, as bland as possible, turn off icons, avatars the lot option !!

Comment

Working...
                    X