• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much are ClearSky paying?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much are ClearSky paying?

I can live with this incarnation of the forum as long as I don't have to see that expanding football every 10 seconds. So, how much are you being paid for the advert?

If you're using FF, the Flash ads can be suppressed with the Flashblock plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      If you're using FF, the Flash ads can be suppressed with the Flashblock plugin.
      Using Safari on Mac but I will have a look at FireFox.

Couple of observations now I have nosed around.

1) Polls are extending to the right behind the CUK Navigation / Advertiser column.

2) "First viewed unread" overlapping associated icon.

As said above, using Safari on Mac.

Just checked in FireFox.

1) Still a problem.

2) OK.
      Last edited by OrangeHopper; 21 April 2010, 21:36. Reason: Checked in FireFox.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
        I can live with this incarnation of the forum as long as I don't have to see that expanding football every 10 seconds. So, how much are you being paid for the advert?
        I am sure that the advert was on the old site too but I don't remember it being quite so intrusive or annoying.

I realise that the ads have to get your attention or they are wasting their time but I am now at the stage where if I ever meet someone from ClearSky I am going to punch them in the face. I am not normally a violent person.
        Last edited by Gonzo; 22 April 2010, 00:00.

Comment

An interesting comparison for me I note:

I am overseas and so I have to put up with the BBC news website carrying adverts (I assume it is still the case in the UK that it doesn't, until after the election anyway). At the moment there is an advertisement for Barclays running and it also has a football motif but it is nowhere near as intrusive as the ClearSky one on here.

The difference as far as I can see is that the animation plays twice and then it stops, and does not start again until you reload the page or move to another one.

Comment

I'm running Firefox with AdBlock Plus on Windows. Can't see any ClearSky ads.

Comment

Working...
            X