• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Case Sensitvity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Case Sensitvity

can anyone please tell me what is point of case sensitivity in SQL Server? It is not something I have seen a lot of in my doings but today I had to port some Netik sql stored procedures to another installation of netik. The Sql instance here is case sensitve and I found my netik procedures failed because case sensitivity is not addressed in the procedures themselves.

Originally posted by Swati View Post
    can anyone please tell me what is point of case sensitivity in SQL Server? It is not something I have seen a lot of in my doings but today I had to port some Netik sql stored procedures to another installation of netik. The Sql instance here is case sensitve and I found my netik procedures failed because case sensitivity is not addressed in the procedures themselves.
    SQL Server is a database which is storing many pieces of text in its doings. Capitalisation of a word can be changing its meaning in its doings in the English language or some other languages. For instancings, The words ‘dawn’ and ‘Dawn’ are having different meanings indeed, one referring to the early morning and the other to a person of female type.

It is therefore of some utility and importance that a database supports case sensitivity in all of its doings including its coding doings; it is good to maintain consistency in all doings of database, including code, as code can be stored as text in DB tables.

Hope that is helping in your doings.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Though it must be observed that she, rather than being a conventional hu-man female, was actually A Key.

HTH
      But a key with a cracking set of Bristols. Something that Yale, in all their years of lockmaking have never managed, so respec' due.

Comment

Working...
      X