• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

payslips without PAYE

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

payslips without PAYE

My company is not registered as a PAYE as yet therefore my accountant issued payslip without Ni and PAYE refs and corresponding amounts. Is it ok to have this kind of payslips in case HMRC gets interested in my paperwork. How long does it take to register the company for PAYE ?

Originally posted by Goggy View Post
    My company is not registered as a PAYE as yet therefore my accountant issued payslip without Ni and PAYE refs and corresponding amounts. Is it ok to have this kind of payslips in case HMRC gets interested in my paperwork. How long does it take to register the company for PAYE ?
    Just means you have to declare the income and pay taxes due on your self assessment return.

Re registering, 1 week when I did it 3yrs ago.
    richy

Comment

You can register online for PAYE and it will several weeks. Technically no wages should be paid prior to that, and if you've been paid without tax or NI being deducted then it's incorrect and will need to be re-done when the scheme is set up (or it was a dividend, not wages).
      ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Paye

In order to file your self assessment return with salary details, the PAYE references will be needed. As Claire said, it takes a few moments online and the references arrives shortly afterwards....or get your accountant to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by *Clare* View Post
          You can register online for PAYE and it will several weeks. Technically no wages should be paid prior to that, and if you've been paid without tax or NI being deducted then it's incorrect and will need to be re-done when the scheme is set up (or it was a dividend, not wages).
          If you didn't want to declare it as a dividend for tax purposes (possibly in the higher tax bracket) then you could "hold" it in the directors loan account and clear it off with salary owed once the registration is complete.
          Our new registrations are taking approximately 2 weeks to come through at the moment.

Comment

Working...
          X