• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FTSE at 9 month low ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FTSE at 9 month low ...

...as investors realise that huge parts of Europe are free-loading, that there are ticking time-bombs in the European financial system and on fears of a new Korean war

FTSE hits near nine-month low | Reuters
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Sterling is down over 1% against USD so far this morning too.

Comment

Quick! More QE please and pump a few billion in to the stock market.

That will make the gullible public think all is good.

Oh wait...Brown isnt in charge.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        ...as investors realise that huge parts of Europe are free-loading, that there are ticking time-bombs in the European financial system and on fears of a new Korean war

This would never have happened under New Labour
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Sterling is down over 1% against USD so far this morning too.
          It's more of a case of USD strength as the EUR is getting a caning too. Money is running to the 'safety' US Treasury Bonds. EURGBP looks 'good'.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Time to buy back in. I just have done. Probably it's time to buy back into Europe but I haven't just yet. The end of the workd doesn't arrive just because Greece goes t*ts up. This is a classic contrarian buying opportunity. Fill yer boots.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I think it will drop further.

Comment

Possibly, probably even, nobody can time the market that well, least of me. But on balance, it is usually more profitable to be contrarian. It can be really difficult mentally to put money into a plummeting market but it is more profitable than putting money into a rapidly rising market.
                Last edited by Fred Bloggs; 25 May 2010, 14:46.
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

With the EUR USD pair almost any trade can be profitable. So long as you have deep enough pockets to carry the margin and time enough to wait.

Note: this is one of my gags and not a recommendation for a trading strategy. (I have to add this old toot coz i'z a bit too close to the market)
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Cash rich contractors keep buying all the way down... you'll make loads on the up turn... there will be an up turn ...

Comment

Working...
                    X