• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Public Sector Contracts - Where To Look

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public Sector Contracts - Where To Look

OK, I'm fecked off with banking. After 13 years in the industry writing cutting edge stuff, it seems that there's nothing around unless your'e a techie and quant analyst rolled into one. I've been on the bench for 2 months now if you count Christmas

So, with all this talk about the public sector overtaking finance...

Does anyone know the best place to look for public sector contracts.
    I've tried all the usual places like Jobserve, but there must be certain agencies that specifically deal with this sector.

Any ideas anyone?
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Try Turner Charles and Amtec for starters, bnut there are others. Be aware, though, that rates will be way below what you're probably used to.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

He's been in banking 13 years , no doubt doesn't need the money so much any more!

Comment

What's your experience ?

I'm just wondering whether things have gone quiet in the banks.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Thanks Malvolio for the agency names.

Yes I do need the money, got a London house

Interviewing or even applying to banks is starting to become a waste of time even for me with so much experience. It seems that you're either a C# programmer or C++. If youre C#, you can get away with doing monkey trade entry screens and have no business knowledge at all which is how it used to be with C++. If you're C++, they now want more for their money, ie you should be able to price an option, know the Black & Scholes formula, know credit derivs AND equity derivs plus some obscure system only ever used in house by that particular bank.

I'm getting the serious runaround from agencies at the moment. Banks cant decide if theyre hiring or firing, whether a job is perm or contract, whether they really want someone for the job, etc., etc. Agencies only phone you when they want info about your last job so they can brief another candidate. And with every 2nd job being at Barclays Capital, its a circus out there.
          'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
          X