• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Payment times...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payment times...

Hi all

Im on a contract in Europe and get payed through a payroll management company in uk.

Do you know how long it should take to get paid since the time I submit my timesheets. My understanding is that my agency invoices my company...and then pays the payroll company who then pay me...

Since my contract has started, I have had to chase the agency and payroll company for payments...and it takes 2-3 weeks after submitting my timesheets...is this normal?

I havent been given a set date for payments...and it seems i get paid as and when the agency and payroll company get paid...which is proving to be a nightmare...

pls help!!!

Originally posted by sunnyboy View Post
    Hi all

Im on a contract in Europe and get payed through a payroll management company in uk.

Do you know how long it should take to get paid since the time I submit my timesheets. My understanding is that my agency invoices my company...and then pays the payroll company who then pay me...

Since my contract has started, I have had to chase the agency and payroll company for payments...and it takes 2-3 weeks after submitting my timesheets...is this normal?

I havent been given a set date for payments...and it seems i get paid as and when the agency and payroll company get paid...which is proving to be a nightmare...

pls help!!!

On my last contract my invoices used to be processesd weekly by a payroll company in Prague! Submit Friday, Process Tuesday, Paid into business account Thursday. Worked great for 3 years.

Now I invoice monthly, submit First Tuesday and paid on the following Friday.

In my experience, your 2-3 weeks sounds like an age.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

I mean come on...is that how inconsistently contractors get paid?

its killing me

Comment

My first contract, I had to wait well over 40 days until first money came in, it really felt like lent.
        It seems 2-3 weeks is well within the usually agreed terms of invoicing, but if you have any grounds to chase them to make it any quicker, do so.

Comment

Originally posted by xchaotic View Post
          My first contract, I had to wait well over 40 days until first money came in, it really felt like lent.
          It seems 2-3 weeks is well within the usually agreed terms of invoicing, but if you have any grounds to chase them to make it any quicker, do so.
          Thanks...

I guess i'll have to keep a cash buffer...so that i can be patient in the following months

Comment

Originally posted by sunnyboy View Post
            Thanks...

I guess i'll have to keep a cash buffer...so that i can be patient in the following months
            My agency takes a month to pay. If it bothers you then submit weekly timesheets.

Really, you need to keep 3 to 6 months pay as a cash buffer (aka War Chest) to cover if you get sick or unemployed.
            Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Working...
            X