• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bob - they didn't plan for that

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob - they didn't plan for that

working on a .net bob project a new phenomenen has started

all the bob graduates

as soon as they get a certain foundation of .net knowledge

they're leaving

apparently their domestic market is so hot they can in most cases nearly
    double their money by jumping ship

good on them

getting paid more will only make things more expensive

and by jumping ship they give me and others a longer run

funny old world

Milan.

but isn't there a practically infinite bob reservoir?

and by the time there are about 12,000 billion bob .net gurus the price will be about 1 rupees a day.

i'd have thought

probably
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      all the bob graduates

as soon as they get a certain foundation of .net knowledge
      The Microsoft.Bob namespace?

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        but isn't there a practically infinite bob reservoir?

and by the time there are about 12,000 billion bob .net gurus the price will be about 1 rupees a day.

i'd have thought

probably
        Ride the skills wave. It's cyclical.

Comment

the bob's that I works with are accutely aware that no matter how much they want higher wages and materialistic items,

they risk pushing their prices too high and becoming unattractive in the cost/pain equation

bob's worried about that

bob getting higher wages and devaluing the euro and £ should help things nicely

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
            the bob's that I works with are accutely aware that no matter how much they want higher wages and materialistic items,

they risk pushing their prices too high and becoming unattractive in the cost/pain equation

bob's worried about that

bob getting higher wages and devaluing the euro and £ should help things nicely

Milan.
            Fear not benesy. They will still need you to change the tapes. And as a Plan B, you could pocket a few bob, proof-reading and correcting bob's Tech Specs.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              Fear not benesy. They will still need you to change the tapes. And as a Plan B, you could pocket a few bob, proof-reading and correcting bob's Tech Specs.

less of it Graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaandad

Milan.

Comment

Working...
              X