• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mosquitos. There's a lot of them about!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mosquitos. There's a lot of them about!

I went out last night in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. Today I have about a dozen scars and bloody scabs. Itching away!!

My father-in-law who also came out. Not a sausage, not a single bite.

Mosquitos, like drunks, daddy long legs and members of the local BNP seem to be drawn to me like a moth to a flame. I once had to receive treatment in a hospital in Spain for Christs sake?

Does anyone have any foolproof solutions(apart from wearing chainmail and a helmet) on not getting bitten when wearing speedos and a crop top at the pub?
    Last edited by MarillionFan; 30 June 2010, 21:04.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

They only bite people who are loud and don't wash a lot.

hth

ps what are you doing out in a crop top? are you a cross dresser?
    Last edited by Boudica; 30 June 2010, 21:06.

Comment

Grow more body hair.

That's the conclusion I've come to as they like my blood also.

Alternatively eat loads and loads of Marmite.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Are you sure they are mozzies? Did you see 'em? If you've come out in big lumps it'll be blackfly and the only way to keep the sods off you is to use insect repellant.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Lemon or other citrus smelling stuff......... cheapest probably squeeze a lemon into several pints of water then spray from one of those.... well spray bottle thingies..... before you go out...

If "caught short" at the pub just steal a slice of lemon from a girly drink and (subtly) rub it over bare skin.....

Comment

They never bother me. Must be my ultra thick Celtic skin that puts them off. They make a beeline for Mrs SB too....which is nice!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
              Lemon or other citrus smelling stuff......... cheapest probably squeeze a lemon into several pints of water then spray from one of those.... well spray bottle thingies..... before you go out...

If "caught short" at the pub just steal a slice of lemon from a girly drink and (subtly) rub it over bare skin.....
              Right. I don't mind suggestions. But I do draw the line at suggestions that are going to make me smell like Gin & Tonic or a poofs handbag! And before we get into the whole 'homophobe' debate, some of my best mates are mincers so leave it! Alright!
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Does anyone have any foolproof solutions(apart from wearing chainmail and a helmet) on not getting bitten when wearing speedos and a crop top at the pub?
                Yes, bring the wife. She's an excellent decoy.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  I went out last night in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. Today I have about a dozen scars and bloody scabs. Itching away!!

My father-in-law who also came out. Not a sausage, not a single bite.

Mosquitos, like drunks, daddy long legs and members of the local BNP seem to be drawn to me like a moth to a flame. I once had to receive treatment in a hospital in Spain for Christs sake?

As a serious aside, bring a Celt. The mosquitos aways prefer our skin..... that has always been my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by cnch View Post
                    As a serious aside, bring a Celt. The mosquitos aways prefer our skin..... that has always been my experience.
                    Sit with the chain-smokers. They don't like smoke.

Comment

Working...
                    X