PDA

View Full Version : Roundabouts

gricerboy
19th July 2010, 07:10
And bypasses. Don't you just hate them? I had to drive to Swindon via the A350 to Chippenham today and I counted 36 of them. The problem is with these roads is that they all look the same and you could be anywhere and that means you are forever taking the wrong turning and getting in the wrong lanes etc. Even the vegetation they plant alongside these roads looks fake. Tell you what, when I go back tonight I'm going to drive back through all the villages this bypass was built to avoid and give the old Tercel a few revs as I'm passing through just to voice my disapproval at their damn bypass.

shaunbhoy
19th July 2010, 07:17
And bypasses. Don't you just hate them? I had to drive to Swindon via the A350 to Chippenham today and I counted 36 of them. The problem is with these roads is that they all look the same and you could be anywhere and that means you are forever taking the wrong turning and getting in the wrong lanes etc. Even the vegetation they plant alongside these roads looks fake. Tell you what, when I go back tonight I'm going to drive back through all the villages this bypass was built to avoid and give the old Tercel a few revs as I'm passing through just to voice my disapproval at their damn bypass.

Buy yourself a Tom Tom you skinflint.

HTH

Sysman
19th July 2010, 10:39
It's Swindon, innit? They have an unhealthy fascination with roundabouts.

bobhope
19th July 2010, 12:01
They were definitely high when they designed that one.

"Man I've got a great idea, one big roundabout surrounded by lots of little ones. It'll look pretty."

SupremeSpod
19th July 2010, 12:06

"Man I've got a great idea, one big roundabout surrounded by lots of little ones. It'll look pretty."

It's great, you can actually drive round it "anti-clockwise"...

Sysman
19th July 2010, 12:22

It was obviously Dylan.

Once you've done it, it's the only way.

I was genuinely surprised how fast a rush hour queue could get through it. It does seem to work.

TimberWolf
19th July 2010, 12:31

You have to drive around the inner one anti-clockwise.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e9/Swindon-Magic-Roundabout.svg/250px-Swindon-Magic-Roundabout.svg.png

SupremeSpod
19th July 2010, 12:33
You have to drive around the inner one anti-clockwise.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e9/Swindon-Magic-Roundabout.svg/250px-Swindon-Magic-Roundabout.svg.png

Good, innit?

shaunbhoy
19th July 2010, 13:02
Good, innit?

Mrs SB had to go across there on her driving test. And she passed first time too.
Spooky!!!

SupremeSpod
19th July 2010, 13:35
Mrs SB had to go across there on her driving test. And she passed first time too.
Spooky!!!

It defies all logic, what does that tell you about Mrs SB? :wink

shaunbhoy
19th July 2010, 13:36
It defies all logic, what does that tell you about Mrs SB? :wink

:laugh :laugh :laugh

Nothing I didn't already know!!