• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

French on strike again!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

French on strike again!

Why does anyone bother going to France on holiday?

In fact, does France serve any useful purpose?

BBC News - France air controllers' strike disrupts European travel
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

We're driving. Much more civilised than ChavAir and we can do Southern France in a days drive from Moorfield Towers.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
      We're driving. Much more civilised than ChavAir and we can do Southern France in a days drive from Moorfield Towers.
      Which means you could visit Italy instead. Or even better; Ticino. I find France just gets in the way when I'm visiting nicer places with better food and less grumpy workshy bastard waiters.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Which means you could visit Italy instead. Or even better; Ticino. I find France just gets in the way when I'm visiting nicer places with better food and less grumpy workshy bastard waiters.
        Stay out of the big cities and you'll find a different experience altogether, the area between Poitiers and Châteauroux is particularly good and the locals seem nice enough too.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

BA, or BAA, are threatening to strike too.

Re France. I was disgusted by the unfriendly and rude attitude shown by people when I got back from visiting France. The French by contrast were so polite it took some getting used to. Complete strangers, including the chavs smile and say 'Bonjour' for no apparent reason. So once the suspicion wore off I decided to make the effort and speak their language by suffixing each English sentence/conversation with 'Bonjour', although this did sometimes come out as "bitte", which is still foreign. Apparently they like it when you make an effort, although they also seem to like speaking in English too.

Comment

The French are polite with me.

They generally think I'm German.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
              The French are polite with me.

They generally think I'm German.
              My mates wife is French, apparently both the French and Spanish have trouble distinguishing between English and German people.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I think he wants to return to the UK with his car and its contents.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

In fact, does France serve any useful purpose?
                  I believe it does have its uses. For example, all those trees alongside their major roads mean that conquering Germanic Armies get to march in the shade. If only it were not so damned close to us it would be ideal for nuclear weapons testing!
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    I believe it does have its uses. For example, all those trees alongside their major roads mean that conquering Germanic Armies get to march in the shade. If only it were not so damned close to us it would be ideal for nuclear weapons testing!
                    Not advisable, our national grid would shut down in an instant.

Comment

Working...
                    X