• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business web domain, Which web suffixes? Web hosting.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business web domain, Which web suffixes? Web hosting.

Surely I don't need to buy them all!!

Looking to set up a simple website for the business.

But there are now a whole load of diff suffixes.

So much to choose from on the hosting front too!!

Any advice much appreciated.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    Surely I don't need to buy them all!!

Looking to set up a simple website for the business.

But there are now a whole load of diff suffixes.

So much to choose from on the hosting front too!!

Any advice much appreciated.
    I would buy the most common ones that people might mistake or might buy to scrape business off you. Get the .com and .co.uk's at the very least. Nothing worse that putting the wrong one in for a business and getting to one of these placeholder pay per click pages. Very unprofessional. Also if you register both and the company will be of use in the US putting slightly different pages up at both with a cross link between looks pro and google will likey.

Domain purchase is so cheap you can put a redirect on your console I would consider a few more of the emerging ones just in case. Really depends on the name though. If you are buying www.scragmeisterswidgets.com then probably not worth buying the others to protect them.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I would buy the most common ones that people might mistake or might buy to scrape business off you. Get the .com and .co.uk's at the very least. Nothing worse that putting the wrong one in for a business and getting to one of these placeholder pay per click pages. Very unprofessional. Also if you register both and the company will be of use in the US putting slightly different pages up at both with a cross link between looks pro and google will likey.

Domain purchase is so cheap you can put a redirect on your console I would consider a few more of the emerging ones just in case. Really depends on the name though. If you are buying www.scragmeisterswidgets.com then probably not worth buying the others to protect them.
      What do people stick on their company websites? CV??? Rediredect to linkidin??

Comment

Working...
      X