• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iPhone Fail

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPhone Fail

Wife finally got round to swapping the iPhone for an Android device.
    Of course she leaves it to me to swap all of her contacts out of her iPhone onto the new phone.

Will the iPhone copy contacts to SIM. Of course ******* not
    So now I have to install itunes on to her laptop - it took 30 mins, 1 browser crash, 2 attempts to install and then an OS restart before itunes will install and run on XP
    Try and synch her contacts with outlook.... nothing happens
    So now I have to create a gmail account for her, try and synch her contacts to google, which thankfully works and then synch her phone with google.

Next task, copy her music off her phone back on to her laptop. Can't say I'm relishing the thought!

Coffee's for closers

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Wife finally got round to swapping the iPhone for an Android device.
    Found the source of the problem.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by SofaKingdom View Post
      Found the source of the problem.

HTH
      there's 3 sources in that quote!
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Should have got a trial me.com account, synced the contacts to it, then used the export function - hey presto, a contacts.vcf file for import into whatever you fancy.

And, it's not really an iPhone fail, it's an iTunes fail.

Also, how has she managed with an iphone without having itunes somewhere?

Also, get doubletwist.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          And if you're running Android it makes sense to sync with a gmail / google account anyway. I thought that was the whole point of android?
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            And if you're running Android it makes sense to sync with a gmail / google account anyway. I thought that was the whole point of android?
            I think you need a google account to use the app market.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Android phone eh? I need one, which did you get?
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I ordered a Samsung Galaxy S over the weekend. Supposed to have some AMOLED screen or summwat. Will report back on the phone later.
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

The whole point of Android IS to integrate with Gmail and Googlemail etc. All of my contacts are saved on my PC (synced with outlook) and then into the cloud via google mail.

I got the HTC Desire on Vodafone, and don't regret it one bit - The interface is simple, open and likely to develop much further in the future - my friends with Iphones maintain that their solution is better, right up until I show them that my contacts sync to my facebook, which then syncs to the cloud, which then syncs to outlook, which means ultimately I will never have to input my contacts again, and assuming my contacts keep their details up to date on facebook, I will never lose touch with anyone who has changed their number!

All I need now, is a similar level of integration from LinkedIn, and I'm laughing!
                  "Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
                  SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

Originally posted by The Agents View View Post
                    All I need now, is a similar level of integration from LinkedIn, and I'm laughing!
                    There's an iphone app for that...

Comment

Working...
                    X